One Miami Church
Many Cultures, Many Locations, One Body
Our Goals and Vision
Our 2020 vision is Connect. Throughout the year we will be studying different how God teaches us how to grow in faith, relationship and much more.
Who We Are
We truly believe in the moniker One Miami Church. Our diversity is what we celebrate and it is also what makes us attractive as a destination. We believe that through our diversity we are given the opportunity to particiapte in God’s amazing deisgn. The church is a body and it is made up of many parts each with an important role. In the same way, our city is made up of many different cultures that unite to make us who we are in Christ.
Here are the core beliefs to which we hold:
- BIBLE: The Bible is the Word of God— reliable, perfect, and flawless. We hold to the Bible as our standard as Christians, as it helps us grow in maturity in Christ.
(2 Samuel 22:31, Psalm 119, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, Hebrews 4:12-13)
- MAN: Mankind is made in the image of God. Man was created to have fellowship with God, but have been separated from Him because of our sin. Only through Christ are we given the opportunity to be reconciled to Him and the chance to live life to the full (Genesis 1, Romans 3:23-24, John 10:10, Ecclesiastes 12:13)
- GOD: There is one God, who is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. As the Creator of all things, he is all-knowing, perfect, and holy. We are made for his glory. He is loving, compassionate, and faithful to His people and His promises. (Isaiah 43:1-7, John 1:1-18)
- JESUS: Jesus is the image of the invisible God, who was sent from heaven to redeem mankind. He lived a sinless life, so that he could be a substitution for us in satisfying God’s demands for perfection. He defeated death in His resurrection so that we could have life. Jesus is the ultimate example to be human and obey God. (Philippians 2:5-11, Colossians 1:15)
- HOLY SPIRIT: The Holy Spirit is the Advocate promised by Jesus, who convicts people of their sin and transforms them to become more like Christ. We cannot live the life God intends for us without the Holy Spirit’s strength and guidance. (John 16:8, 13; John 14:6; 1 Corinthians 2:10b)
- SALVATION: We are saved by grace through faith. The Gospel is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone. God created man, sin entered the world through man’s rebellion, and God sent Jesus to pay the penalty for our sin through his death on the Cross. God’s plan is for man to respond through faith, repentance, and baptism. (Romans 1:13, Acts 2:38, Eph. 2:8).
- CHURCH: The Church is a community of believers who are devoted to each other and are unified through their faith in Christ. With Christ being the head of the Church, we are committed to his teachings and to obeying all of His commands. We seek to bring the Gospel to the world by winning the lost for Christ, training the Church to be effective for His kingdom, and sending them into world with the sole purpose of glorifying God.
(Matthew 28:18-20, Colossians 1:17-18, Ephesians 2:19-22)